Monday, January 30, 2017

"SPARKY"

"Sparky"
Original
14" x 11"
Charcoal wash on Strathmore
SOLD
©Nancy Tokos 2017

Original.  Good story:  Liberty Station Arts District, where my art studio is located, invited me to  go on-air for a local morning talk show to help them promote a Holiday Block Party.  I offered a studio promotion for charcoal portraits.  Sara was visiting from Florida and happened to walk in.  Sparky was Sara's constant company, gentle and lovable.  She saw my other pet portraits and immediately showed me a spectacular family iPhoto.  I was instantly inspired.  And after studying Sparky's eyes and kind demeanor, understand why Sara and family wanted this lasting memory.

This is an original work of art by California Impressionist artist, Nancy Tokos, member American Impressionist Society and Oil Painters of America and San Diego Portrait Society.  Charcoal powder with charcoal stick on 400# strathmore.

•colors may vary slightly between the actual painting and the image on your computer due to my digital camera settings, time of day the photograph was taken and the monitor you are looking at right now.*



No comments:

Post a Comment