Saturday, October 5, 2013

Chenin Blanc

"Chenin Blanc"
Original
Portrait
Pencil on paper
7"x5" 

STOLEN
©Nancy Tokos 2013



THIS SKETCHED PAINTING WAS STOLEN
IF YOU KNOW ITS' WHEREABOUTS, PLEASE CONTACT ME
thanks



Original.  Interesting inspiration.  The National Gallery in London was having an exhibit of 16thC artist, Barocci.  He's known for his altar pieces and oil paintings.  I was interested in his mind-bending preparatory drawings.  To see how his paintings evolved was better than the painting itself, in my opinion.  The sheer beauty and grace in his sketching, starting with toned paper (gray) and finishing light sources with one or two lines of white chalk, gently smudged over a brow.  I couldn't travel home to my studio fast enough.  Starting with my sturdy 400 lb. Bristol board, trimming down to 7"x5" sheets, I created my own toned paper with thin ultramarine blue and raw umber washes.  Dried.  Started drawing with a mechanical pencil and so the above is an example inspired from a Master.


LABELS: portrait, graphite, 7"x5", small, figurative, mixed media, drawing, realistic, woman, stylized, Portrait, Pencil on paper, 7"x5", price $75, Nancy Tokos

No comments:

Post a Comment